I’m a 30-something mother of a beautiful and super annoying toddler, wife, attorney, environmentalist, writer. Trying to balance who I am as an individual with who I am as a mom. Obsessed with pie. Loving life with my little family in Washington, D.C.!
And if that’s not enough…
Ten Things About Me, Me, Me!
- I come from a large family. This has informed my adamant decision to keep my family on the small side.
- I am obsessed with getting Mr. A to admit that Angelina Jolie is hot. He insists she is not. This makes me gravely concerned about his taste in women. I haven’t been very impressed with his celeb crushes. This may or may not mean I’m ugly, although I’m not sure how.
- Weezer speaks to my soul. I am definitely a 90’s child!
- In high school I was petrified that I might, deep down, be boring. So I became a vegetarian. It lasted 6 years.
- I have no problem with four-letter words, used correctly, because I think the only “bad” words are words that are used intentionally to hurt others.
- I do worry that some day Miss L’s teacher is going to call me into her office to discuss Miss L’s foul language. And I have no idea what I will say.
- I love the city. I love rural towns. I HATE suburbia. It is a soul-sucking hell where all the houses look the same and moms wear pastels and crocs.
- This blog is going to remain anonymous, because I have no intention of quitting my job. Or getting forced out, which seems to happen a lot. In order to keep it anonymous, I have changed several identifying details, including names and initials.
- I have a big nose. I try not to let this define me, but you can see it made this short list.
- My whole life I have been afraid that one night the phone will ring because someone has died, and I never saw it coming. It doesn’t help that this has actually happened.